Friday, October 7, 2011

Leaves Silhouettte

When I took this shot I knew it was iffy because of the bright background. But it was worth a try and all it would cost me is time. And it was pretty interesting subject matter to me, so even though it didn't turn out great, it was still worthy of fiddling.




In editing, I did all my regular recovery, clarity, vibrance and exposure adjustments, then the cropping. Better, but no wow factor. The background still needed something. So I decided to go dark and do the leaves in silhouette. Blacks up, exposure down. I was drumming my fingers. Still not there. I then thought about Split Toning and changing the hue of the background. As I was sliding through the spectrum these turquoise blue/green tones spoke to me. Never be afraid to put time into a photograph you weren't initially impressed with if you like the subject matter.


No comments: