Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nalin Black & White

There is nothing my dog loves more than laying out and sunning. that mid afternoon light hits out back porch just right. I have been working lately trying to find my aperture sweet spot for my different lenses. I read an interesting article last week that went a long ways to prove the point that most lenses don't work to their optimum at their widest ƒ stop. They suggested that each different camera and lens combo should be tested by taking the same picture over and over in Av and raising the aperture value on each one then checking the results. My Canon EF - S 18 - 55 mm IS has a max of ƒ3.5 at 18 mm and ƒ5.6 at 47mm and above. All round I have found that this lens works best at ƒ5.6. Thank you Nalin for being an enthusiastic test subject.


No comments: