Thursday, September 22, 2011

Savory Cheddar Jalapeno Scones

So, I am a cook by profession. Food plays a big part in my life. From time to time I like to take some shots of plates I've created or a new beer I've enjoyed. And of course food is great depth of field practice.

A couple of months ago, Samantha brought home some rustic savory scones from a baked good kiosk downtown. Nice earthy tones from the use of whole wheat flour and lots of herbs. This triggered a memory of an internet friend of mine doing an experiment with french bread dough, cheddar cheese and jalapenos.




I set to work converting my regular scone recipe (which gets all kinds of use) for the savory taste. Cut the sugar by 80%, mix the flour half all purpose, half whole wheat and try to watch it with the fresh rosemary. They turned out amazing first shot. And they definitely called for a photo.


No comments: