Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Auditorium Flower Pots



This is another shot from the pre Irene walk. These planters of color ring the Auditorium here in Verdun. I took the first picture and felt the ground pounding underneath my feet. I turned around and saw that i was being approached by twenty odd hulking sweat machines. The Juniors were doing laps around the building and were being timed.I quickly snapped two more photos, then grabbed Nalin's leash and pulled her to safety off of the sidewalk. I swung around the front of the building and tried to get a picture of the coaching staff checking the stop watches, but it was the end of the run and hockey players laying on the concrete didn't seem like good subject matter to me.

I didn't imagine that the flower pot shots would turn out, not having time to check the picture and adjust, but by some fluke they were pretty clear with a slightly blurred foreground. The vibrant colors didn't need any help in editing. If you click the shot and enlarge the photo, notice the crazy seed pods on the stalks of the white flowers.


No comments: