Friday, August 12, 2011

Rising Moon


I recently read an article about placing small objects in the background close to large objects in the foreground to give them a more substance and size just by using the perspective. Tonight is the night before the full moon, but the skies were very clear and it would be vibrant enough at moon rise to let me experiment.

I got down to the waterfront too early and waited around for the moon to come up, not realizing it was doing so behind one of the high rises on Nun's Island. I took some shots with the 18 - 55mm lens then switched to the telephoto. Here is the original image.



Then in editing, I cropped out the lamp and a decided to try a portrait centered shot and adjusted the angle a bit to straighten the building. I then did my regular Recovery and Clarity corrections and added some Vibrance and a little more Saturation than I usually do to bring the yellow into the moon and some blue back into the sky.



No comments: